How to Become a Chess Champion Easily?5 min read
A chess game may teach you a lot, from game techniques to life lessons. If you want a bundle that includes both in big quantities, then it is time to compete against a stronger player. A lot of new movements, openings, and strategies are learned and a few important life lessons are also taken back home if you are savvy enough. If you don’t have a better person around you, then internet chess is the way to play. You’re going to encounter thousands of leagues above you. An online chess game is your best choice because you will not have to compete face to face against a more potent opponent.
You will find many people around the world who are fascinated by chess. You are likely to find hundreds of online chess games that you may pick and choose from. One is going to play against many strong players or play against fellow people with similar skills. The vast number of users around the world of the website, it’s nothing unusual. Even when you are going to play against strong opponents, you won’t be beaten easily, so you can continue your games without any worries.
Below are some of the tips that you can implement to beat anyone on online chess.
- Find a better opponent-You have to be savvy if you intend to compete against a better player online. In chess, you are playing against a person who is just as knowledgeable as you are. On the internet, the strategy, moves, and turns are a little different because there is nothing physical between you and the person you’re playing against. You won’t even have to feel threatened when you encounter a superior player. If you are good enough, then you can have better ideas and come up with more attractive and popular moves. It won’t be long until you get your win. When you play against someone, the game is not a competition at all. The goal is to beat your opponent. You will not win because you are the best, but because you think you’re the best.
- Improve your openings-If you want to go up the ladder, then your openings are your most important elements. A good opening will give you a better chance to win your game. A good chess player will gain a high ranking when he masters his opening and knows it inside out. Such a player will also become a strong endgame player. Thus, a good chess player will play fewer losing games, hence a good player will play fewer games at all.
- Value developed pieces-Always look out for weaker pieces that your opponent has put down. This forces you to be clever. The best way is to develop good pawns and rooks that your opponent has not prepared against. Now, this is going to take some time, but the secret is to think ahead and, in a few moves, you will be able to penetrate their entire defensive scheme. Most online chess players do not move with a balanced mindset. Some are very easy to play against and some may not be worth your time. Those with good, historical knowledge are more challenging.
- Study endgames-An endgame is a chess game that is played on the kingside. Endgames are considered the most powerful ones. They are classified into pawnless, pawn upon, and queen and rook endgames. Every time you play online, you should try to learn more endgames. There are even endgame training videos online. No matter if you read books on the subject or you have seen videos of it, there are still few details that are missing. This is one of the many elements you need to look out for in chess. You should know all of the various moves in the game. You need to know how the king moves, how the pieces can work, how to know if your opponent is bluffing, and more.
- Look for opportunities-It is easy to learn and play chess, but you need to make some major moves that will benefit you. Chess is not all that hard. But when you spend your time playing chess in single scenarios, there is a good chance that you will have that grandmaster feeling. There are places where you will get that, but you also need to think ahead and recognize that it is not something that comes overnight. You need to spend your time planning, evaluating, reading and practicing, while there is still time because that is how you will make those leaps that will get you to a huge level. Look for opportunities to grab a deeper insight into your game.
- Don’t judge based on ratings-It has been discussed countless times by experts that rating is useless. But, the rating is what we have to base our games on, and it is important to analyse the moves from a professional to understand how different players approach a certain situation. Also, it is going to take time to grasp the mindset of a chess player, that is why you will be making the most of playing over the web. You will get to learn a lot from playing with grandmasters, but more than that, the thinking that goes into the game will also come in handy.
- Learn basic tactics and strategies-A few years ago, it was deemed a myth that one can get better at chess through playing online. However, chess has become the world’s most popular online game. Online chess games are excellent for beginners because they only have to learn basic tactics and strategies. Online chess games teach a few important things and basic techniques that are of great use in real life.
You are already aware that playing chess on a live chessboard is completely different from playing chess online free. Even though you can argue that you still get the most out of the experience in terms of practicing the skills that you want to master. The best way to improve your skills is by spending more time on the chessboard and always learn and improve