As an air traveller, you sometimes need to make name changes to your air tickets because of multiple reasons. If you are travelling with American Airlines and want to make American ticket name changes, this article is a great source of information.
AA has come up with an interesting policy to support its travellers when they get their name wrong on the ticket while booking- it’s the American Airlines Name Change policy. Under this policy, you can make different types of modifications to the name such as an inverted name, miss-spellings, typos, surname change after divorce/marriage, etc.
The American Airlines name change on ticket can be done really quickly and easily, keeping frustration miles away from the customers. Here you will get all the details about the AA name correction policy.
Customer Convenience is the Aim of American Airlines Name Change Policy
The policy is practical is the following cases:
- Typing mistakes
- Spelling mistakes
- Legal names
- Secondary last name
- Inverted names
- maiden/married/divorce names
No-Hassle Procedure Of Making Name Changes Under American Airlines Name Correction Policy
The procedure of name rectification under American Airlines name change policy is super quick and an absolutely no-fuss thing. The minor changes can be processed online using the following steps:
- Visit the official website aa.com.
- Now, go to the “My trips” section.
- Enter the first name and last name of the ticket holder.
- Enter the 6-digit reservation code.
- Now, the itinerary will open on the screen.
- Choose the booking that needs to be rectified.
- Make the corrections/changes.
- Pay any applicable fee.
- Save the changes.
- Do check your inbox for the official email from AA airlines confirming your correct name on the ticket.
In case you need to make major rectifications to your name, contact the AA reservations department over the call at (833) 246-4556. Keep your legal documents ready as you will need to submit them for verification as guided by the reservations executive.
Name Change Cost Under American Airlines Name Correction Policy
Here is what you need to know about the cost of making name changes under this policy:
- You can enjoy a waiver for name changes if you make the rectifications within 24 hours of ticket reservation.
- Once these 24 hours have passed, a processing fee of $25 will be charged to you.
- If you have reserved a seat on a domestic flight and need to make name changes, you will be charged $200. For international flights, the fee is $700.
So, you do not have to worry about the incorrect name on the AA ticket as you can now take advantage of American Airlines Name Correction policy.